Working together to empower communities through the celebration of distinctive food cultures! IGCAT launched a new video about the World Region of Gastronomy Award and Platform, and their effort to support long-term sustainable development by:
- building citizen pride in local products, recipes and crafts;
- exchanging knowledge and best practices across multiple sectors;
- inspiring new economic opportunities;
- increasing access to local products;
- supporting biodiversity and respecting our environment;
- raising hospitality service standards;
- securing food sovereignty for future generations;
- protecting and promoting cultural and culinary assets;
- improving storytelling;
- creating more and better food experiences;
- gaining local, national and international visibility as an exciting food destination.
About the World/European Regions of Gastronomy
World/European Regions of Gastronomy, guided by IGCAT, are working together to strengthen food security through the celebration of distinctive food cultures; create employment by stimulating creativity and gastronomic innovation; nourish children and adults through culinary and cultural education; driving environmental sustainability in tourism, hospitality and agricultural sectors; supporting balance and sustainable tourism practices; highlighting and supporting expertise from within rural and urban communities, creating connections and sharing good practices; and contributing to community health and well-being.
IGCAT aims to empower local communities by raising awareness of the importance of protecting and promoting distinct regional food, culture, arts and natural assets as part of sustainable and balanced tourism and development strategies. This is essential to safeguarding our planet, health, wellness and local economies.
IGCAT is a non-profit institute established in 2012, working with regional stakeholder consortiums in the fields of gastronomy, culture, arts and tourism. It counts on the expertise of a worldwide network of experts and works in partnership with specialised intergovernmental organisations.
IGCAT founded the World/European Region of Gastronomy Award and is the official secretariat for the World/European Regions of Gastronomy Platforms. Furthermore, the Institute has developed the European Young Chef Award, the World Food Gift Challenge, the Top Websites for Foodie Travelers Award and the international Food Film Menu.