Dr. Danuta Glondys
Director of the Villa Decius Association in Kraków and also an independent consultant and an academic teacher. In the period: 1993-1999 she was Head of Culture Department of the Municipality of Kraków, where she created new municipal policy in the field of culture and a programme Krakow 2000 – European City of Culture. From 1999 until 2001 she was Regional Director of USAID programme of development of local government. Has been lecturing at the Jagiellonian University and Academy of Music in Kraków.
Until 2008 she was also the Chair of the Polish National Committee of the European Cultural Foundation.
Appointed three times by the European Parliament, she was a member of an international jury of EC selecting and monitoring European Capitals of Culture (2009 – 2018)
– evaluation of European Capitals of Culture (ECOC) applications
– montioring and advising on implementation of ECOC programmes
– research in ECOC 2005-2011
– consultancy in ECOC application profiles
– managment of non-governmental organisation
– management of a historical monument – a Renaissance palace of the Villa Decius
– creating new image and European programmes of the Villa Decius Association
– defining and implementing new cultural policy for the municipality of Krakow
– defining and implementing rules of cooperation between municipality and NGOs (grants programme)
– defining and implementing the rules of programme of artistic scholarships
– defining and implementing the rules of programme of Patron of Kraków Culture
– defining and implementing the policy of support for private art galleries by municipality of Kraków
– creating programme KRAKÓW 2000 and successful application for the title of European City of Culture of the Year 2000
– elaboration of strategies of promotion and economic development for Polish local governments
– carrying an assessment of economic development potential in the field of culture
– co-author of Regional Strategy in Culture for Malopolska Region,
– supervising implementation of USAID programme in the field of strategic management and planning, economic development, management of finances and restructuring municipal services, communication strategy and public participation in ca.90 towns in the Southern Poland Region
– lecturer in cultural policy and intercultural communication
Author of articles published in renowned Polish magazines. Editor and co-editor of Villa Decius Association publications: Weimar Triangle and Ukraine (2002, 2003); Tolerance (2003); Silent Inteligentsia (2006); Community of Dialogue (2006); Captive Mind Revisited (2008); Millenium Goals of Culture (2008); Challenges of Freedom (2009); Borderless People (2011); Toleration and Tolerance (2012); Power of Powerless Revisited (2014); Return of the Fallen Empires (2015).
In 2010 she published: Europejska Stolica Kultury. Miejsce kultury w polityce Unii Europejskiej (European Capital of Culture. Place of Culture in the Policy of the European Union) and Kraków 2000 – Europejskie Miasto Kultury. Summa Factorum (Krakow 2000 – European City of Culture. Summa Factorum) will be publshed in 2010.
First Prize of Pro Publico Bono for initiatives serving international and multiethnic dialogue, awarded by the Polish Ombudsman, Prof. Andrzej Zoll and former Prime Minister, Prof. Jerzy Buzek – 2004
Diploma of Recognition of Polish Minister of Foreign Affairs, Adam Rotfeld, for “outstanding achievements in international promotion of Poland” (2005)
Diploma of Recognition of Ukrainian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Borys Tarasiuk, for “remarkable involvement in establishing new Ukrainian-Polish cooperation” (2005)
Silver Medal of Slovak Minister of Foreign Affairs, Eduard Kukan, for “remarkable involvement in the strenghtening of the Slovak-Polish cooperation in the new conditions of integrated Europe”(2005)
Honoris Gratia – Distinction of the Lord Mayor of Krakow for promoting Krakow on international platform (2007)
Medal for Merits for Polish Culture – Minister of Culture and National Heritage (2008)
International Visegrad Prize together with the Villa Decius Association (2010) awarded by Ministers of Culture of Poland, Czech republic, Hungary and Slovakia
Knight’s Cross of Polonia Restituta (2011), by President of Poland, Bronisław Komorowski;
Bene Merito (2012), Distinction of the Polish Minister of Foreign Affairs.